The Football PoolsThe 8 from 49 Pool Rules (Also known as the "Classic Pools") Effective from 6th October 2015
1. DefinitionsClosing Time Customer Discounted Entry Entry Game Game Date Home or Away Win
LineMatch Match Listing Means of Entry No Score Draw Plan Pool Pools Panel Prizes Proportionate Entry Result Score Draw Selection Stake Stake per Line The Football Pools ("TFP") Void Match Website Winnings
- The Games are operated by TFP. TFP offers a range of Means of Entry to each Game. The Laws of England, including the Gambling Act 2005, apply to these Rules and to all Games conducted under them.
- Each Means of Entry will set out the age at which a Customer is allowed to place an Entry.
- These Rules govern the operation of the Game, irrespective of the Plan selected by a Customer or the Means of Entry.
- TFP reserves the right to amend these Rules without notice in the event of war, earthquake, catastrophe, strikes or the occurrence of any other event beyond its reasonable control (“Force Majeure Event”). TFP shall also be entitled to suspend the Game (or any part of it) if there is a Force Majeure Event.
- Despite every effort to ensure complete accuracy, TFP is not responsible for any typing, human or obvious error which leads to any errors or omissions, including (without limitation) game dates, coupon errors, publishing estimated Prize funds and Pools or announcing dividends or Results other than those intended, or bets being taken which contravene these Rules. Any such errors shall be published on the Website. If any bet is taken in relation to such an error, it shall be accepted on the basis of the corrected information.
- The Customer is not permitted to call at TFP's premises to deliver an Entry.
3. THE GAME
- The Game is based on Lines, which are formulated from Selections. TFP will apply appropriate criteria to identify Lines of 8 different Selections from an Entry and therefore which Lines apply in determining whether or not a Customer has won.Further details about available Prizes are set out in paragraph 7 below. However, please note that for Full Time Prizes, TFP will award points to each Match in a line of 8 different Selections based on the Results as follows:
= 3 points
No Score Draw or Void Match
= 2 points
Home or Away Win
= 1 point
- A minimum Stake may apply to a particular Means of Entry.
- TFP may (at its discretion) accept Entries where the Stake has been calculated at more than the full Stake per Line (known as a booster entry) or at less than the full Stake per Line (for example at a reduced Stake per Line of £0.00808 sterling), where any Winnings paid in respect of such Entries shall be calculated in proportion to the value of the reduced or increased Stake per Line actually paid by the Customer according to an alternative dividend calculated as set out in paragraph 6.2 (a "Proportionate Entry").
- Where an Entry is made in a currency other than pounds sterling, TFP (or its agent) is responsible for the currency conversion to pounds sterling at an exchange rate in accordance with its own procedures and TFP will accept the Stake for that Entry in pounds sterling in proportion to the Full Stake per Line. Any winnings paid in respect of such Entries shall be calculated as a Proportionate Entry.
- Entries must be submitted with the required Stake. No credit will be offered by TFP to the Customer. If the correct and appropriate Stake (calculated according to the Plan and the applicable Stake per Line) does not accompany an Entry, that Entry will not be valid. The Stake required for an Entry and the Stake that TFP actually receives must be the same. If there is any difference in such amounts TFP may use its discretion to decide whether the Entry may be deemed acceptable after making any adjustments to that Entry that TFP decides are necessary or whether such Entry is invalid. Any Winnings to which the Customer may be entitled in such circumstances will be adjusted in proportion to the value of the Stake actually paid by the Customer in respect of the Entry to which such Winnings relate.
5. MAKING ENTRIES
- To constitute an accepted Entry, such Entry (and the Selections made for that Entry) must be recorded on TFP’s central computer system by Closing Time.Any Entry recorded as having been received after Closing Time will not be accepted by TFP and will be invalid.
- Only Plans allowed by TFP will be accepted. TFP will not accept part Plans.
- Any Entry which is not made in accordance with these Rules will be invalid.
- For the avoidance of doubt, TFP has no responsibility, and accepts no liability of any kind whatsoever, for an Entry (however submitted) or Stake associated with an Entry until the same are received and accepted by TFP in accordance with these Rules.
- TFP shall not be under any obligation or have any responsibility to notify a Customer of an Entry that is invalid or void under these Rules. In such circumstances, the Stake shall be refunded or where possible (at TFP’s discretion), applied in full or in part as an Entry on behalf of the relevant Customer into the next available Game.
6. DIVISION OF POOLS
- In accordance with the Gambling Act 2005, the total Prize fund for the Pool will be the total amount of the Stakes entered in the Pool less:
- i. Pool betting duty and/or any other taxes, duties or statutory deductions thereon; and
- ii. Such percentage as may be determined by TFP, published retrospectively on a weekly basis on the Website, to cover its commission and expenses.
- TFP will declare the dividend payable in respect of the Pool for each of the Prizes by reference to the full Stake per Line. TFP will publish details of the dividend payable on the Website. If TFP accepts a Stake per Line which is more or less than the full Stake per Line (including without limitation, a Proportionate Entry) for whatever reason, and that Entry has a winning Line, the dividend payable to that Customer will differ from the published dividend declared by TFP. TFP will calculate such alternative dividend by multiplying the declared dividend by the ratio of the actual Stake per Line paid in respect of the winning Entry to the advertised standard Stake per Line cost that would have otherwise applied to such Entry.
- Subject to paragraph 6.6 below, TFP shall declare dividends in relation to three Prizes. The percentage of the Pool allocated to each Prize level shall be determined by TFP. All dividends declared are subject to rescrutiny.
- Each Prize fund is divided amongst all winning Entries at that level in proportion to Stakes paid (save in relation to free offers or Discounted Entries, where Stakes shall be deemed to be the full amount that would have been paid if the relevant Entry had not been made on the basis of a free offer or discounted) by reference to the number of winning Lines at that Prize level.
- TFP shall be entitled to round dividends up or down at its discretion to a reasonably convenient payable sum.
- If any dividend (which may have been adjusted under paragraph 6.5 above) is less than £2, TFP may decide for administrative reasons that the relevant dividend should not be paid. If no dividends whatsoever are declared for the Pool, the Game will be declared void and the Customer's Stake will be refunded or, where possible (at TFP’s discretion), applied in full or in part as an Entry on behalf of the relevant Customer into the next Game.
- If TFP discovers more winners after a declared dividend has been paid, TFP will still pay Winnings to such persons, save that such Winnings shall be calculated on the basis of what such persons would be entitled to receive if their winning Entry(ies) (together with all other post-declared dividend payout winning Entries) had been included at the time at which the declared dividend was paid (i.e. according to an amended dividend to that which was originally declared).
- If paragraphs 4.2, 4.3, 6.2, 6.6 and/or 6.9 apply and a surplus of Prize money is created in respect of a particular Prize, TFP will add any such surplus to the Prize money available for distribution in respect of the other Prizes.
- If, in the opinion of TFP, it is not possible to administrate and distribute the Pool within a reasonable time due to circumstances beyond TFP's reasonable control, TFP may decide to do either of the following: i. Declare the Game void in which case all relevant Stakes will be refunded or, where possible (at TFP’s discretion), applied in full or in part as an Entry on behalf of the relevant Customer into the next Game; or ii. Declare that the number of Full Time Prizes referred to in paragraph 7 below shall be reduced.
7. PRIZESThere are three Prize funds as set out in this paragraph 7, which shall be awarded in accordance with paragraph 6.4 and this paragraph 7. Full Time Prizes
- - 1st (highest number of points that can possibly be achieved in any Game on a Match Listing)
- - 2nd (second highest number of points that can possibly be achieved in any Game on a Match Listing achieved)
- - 3rd (third highest number of points that can possibly be achieved in any Game on a Match Listing achieved)
- i. a Proportionate Entry where the Stake is less than the full Stake per Line, TFP will pay the winner(s) a proportionate amount of the First Full Time Prize calculated according to the proportion that the Stake actually paid represents of the full Stake that would have been paid had it not been a Proportionate Entry and any surplus Prize in such circumstances shall be rolled over to the next Game; or
- ii. a Proportionate Entry where the Stake is more than the full Stake per Line, TFP will pay the Carry Over Prize as if such sole winning Entry had not been a Proportionate Entry.
- The means of payment of Winnings shall depend on the Means of Entry. Please see the relevant Means of Entry rules.
- Winnings will usually be paid no later than seven days following the date of the last Match played.
- Any query regarding Winnings should be made within six weeks from the relevant Game Date to which such query relates using the contact details set out in the Means of Entry.
9. MATTERS AFFECTING THE GAME
- A Match will stand as shown on the TFP Match Listing even if:
- i. It is actually played on a neutral ground; or
- ii. The venue of the Match is altered.
- If a Match is abandoned, TFP will use the score at the time of abandonment as the Full Time Result. If the Match is restarted and completed in its entirety within the applicable Game Date of the Game, TFP will use the score declared by the official governing body in respect of such Match.
- TFP does not consider extra time as part of the Match and the score at the end of normal play (including injury time added on by the referee for stoppages) is taken as the final Result.
- A Match played on the Game Date between a team listed on the left of the Match Listing and a team listed against it on the right of the Match Listing will stand as listed no matter what type of game it is or under whose jurisdiction it is played, unless it is determined to be a Void Match in accordance with paragraphs 9.5, 9.6 or 9.8 below.
- If in any Match two teams are listed as alternatives in either the left and/or the right of the Match Listing, this will mean that the relevant team will be decided by the outcome of a football game played before the Game Date. This will become a Void Match if the relevant team is not decided before that Game Date.
- If any Match listed on the Match Listing is not started on the Game Date, the Pools Panel will meet to agree a notional Result for Full Time in respect of such Match, except in the following circumstances (where the relevant Match will be declared a Void Match):
- i. Any Match completed before the Game Date;
- ii. Any Match which, because of exceptional circumstances, TFP has formally notified the media is one on which the Pools Panel will not determine a notional Result; or
- iii. Any Match declared to be a Void Match under paragraph 9.5 or 9.8.
- TFP reserves the right to declare a Game as void if TFP considers (acting reasonably) that not enough Matches are played on the Game Date to declare a dividend, in which case all Stakes will be refunded or, where possible (at TFP’s discretion), applied in full or in part as an Entry on behalf of the relevant Customer into the next Game.TFP reserves the right to extend the time for a Match to be completed provided this does not unduly hamper the declaration of results and dividends
- TFP reserves the right to withhold Winnings and/or to declare any individual Entry or Game void, or any individual Match to be a Void Match, if it reasonably believes that:
- i. The integrity of a Match has been called into question;
- ii. The Pool has, or may have been, manipulated or its integrity has otherwise been called into question; and/or
- iii. Match-rigging has, or may have, taken place.
10. DISQUALIFIED ENTRIES
- For the avoidance of doubt, TFP has total discretion to refuse to accept or to disqualify an Entry if in TFP's opinion such Entry:
- i. Is not accompanied by the required Stake;
- ii. Is not received and accepted by TFP in accordance with these Rules;
- iii. Is not, or may not be, genuine;
- iv. Is sent in by a person under the age required for the particular Means of Entry;
- v. Is made by or on behalf of an employee of a company in the Sportech plc group, or anyone acting in concert with such employee; or
- vi. Is received by TFP and/or recorded on TFP’s central computer system after Closing Time;
- vii. Breaches any of these Rules in relation to an Entry.
- Any Stake received in respect of a disqualified Entry will be refunded, or where possible (at TFP's discretion), applied in full or in part as an Entry on behalf of the relevant Customer into the next available Game.
- TFP may request that any Winnings paid on a disqualified Entry be repaid to TFP and the Customer shall promptly make such repayment in the manner specified by TFP.
11. RULE AMENDMENTSAny amendment to these Rules will be notified online at the Website. A Customer's continued participation in the Game following such notification shall be deemed to constitute acceptance of the amended Rules.
Win up to £5 Million top prize
Spot The Ball
ONLINE SPOT THE BALL RULES ("Rules")Effective from June 2016
2. Making Entries
- The Prize Competitions are available to all registered players of www.footballpools.com ("Website"). However, participants acknowledge that individual Prize Competitions may be offered from time to time to other customers of the Promoter and those of other members of its group of companies.
- In order to enter a Prize Competition, a registered player must, using their skill and judgment, place ‘spots’ on a picture published on the Website under the “Spot the Ball” tab (each such picture being a sporting photograph which does not contain a ball and which represents a separate individual Prize Competition) where they think the dead centre of the ball is most likely to be. A participant indicates the spot(s) by marking a spot on the picture using the on-screen cursor. The minimum number of spots allowed in respect of an entry is as indicated on the page on the Website where the picture is published. Participants may submit more than one entry in respect of a Prize Competition.
- Each spot that the participant makes in relation to the relevant picture shall generate a set of co-ordinates which shall constitute a reference number. The reference number will be displayed in the "My Account" section of the Website when participants have placed their entry. In order to be a valid entry, participants must place their "spots" and confirm their choices before the time and date specified alongside the relevant Prize Competition's picture ("Closing Time").
- Details of prizes for each Prize Competition will be specified alongside the relevant Prize Competition picture on the Website.
- The prizes available in respect of each Prize Competition will be stated on the play page.
- First prize – this is awarded in respect of the entry (if any) that exactly matches the Result. Winners at the first prize level are not entitled to any other prizes.
- Second prize – this is awarded in respect of the Entry that is closest to matching the Result. Winners at the second prize level are not entitled to the first prize or a consolation prize
- Third prize – this is awarded in respect of the entry that is next closest to matching the Result. Winners at the third prize level are not entitled to the first prize or a consolation prize.
- Consolation prizes - any other prizes offered will be stated on the Spot the Ball play page. For the avoidance of doubt, winners at other prize levels are not entitled to any consolation prizes.
- If there is more than one prize winner at the top, second or third prize level, the value of the prize at that level will be equally divided between those winners.
- Full details of the prize offered for each Prize Competition are published on the results page of the Website. By entering any Prize Competition, a participant agrees that their name and regional location details may be used within a list of winners and/or otherwise for publicity purposes.
- If a participant is entitled to a prize pursuant to this Prize Competition, the prize shall be automatically paid into the participant’s Player Account.
- The entry is made by or for any employee of the Promoter or members of its group, their agents involved in the operation of this Internet site or anyone apparently acting in concert.
- The entry is not received and accepted by the Promoter in accordance with these Rules.
- The entry is made by anyone other than a person who is a registered player on the Website.
- The participant is in breach of any of these Rules and/or the Website Terms and Conditions.
- Despite every effort to ensure complete accuracy, the Promoter is not responsible for any typing, human or obvious error which leads to any errors or omissions, including (without limitation) announcing any results other than those intended, or entries being accepted which contravene the Rules of this Prize Competition. If any entry is taken in relation to such an error, it shall (if possible, as determined by the Promoter) be accepted on the basis of the corrected information.
- The Promoter may request that any prize paid on a disqualified entry be repaid to the Promoter and the registered player/participant shall promptly make such repayment in the manner specified by the Promoter.
- The Promoter reserves the absolute right to withdraw this Prize Competition at any time (including where it believes it is unable to result a particular Prize Competition in a fair manner) and, in such circumstances, will refund all payments to enter paid in advance in relation to a particular Prize Competition that do not yet have a Result.
- The Promoter's decision is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the outcome of a Prize Competition. The Promoter reserves the right to check the validity and identity of any participant and to refuse entry or refuse giving the prize if the Promoter reasonably considers the entry and/or winners to be in breach of these Rules or that any participant has acted contrary to the requirement of good faith.
- Any alterations to or addition to these Rules will be notified on the Website. The Promoter reserve the right at any time in its sole discretion to modify or cancel any Prize Competition if its believes, in its sole discretion, that the Prize Competition is not capable or is likely not to be capable of being conducted fairly or as specified within these Rules due to events beyond its control (including, without limitation, a virus, a computer bug or unauthorised human intervention or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter that could corrupt or affect the administration, security, impartiality or normal course of the Prize Competition), save that details of any such modification or cancellation that applies to a current Prize Competition shall be displayed on the Website.
- A registered players continued participation in the Prize Competition following a notification on the Website shall be deemed to constitute acceptance of the amended Rules of this Prize Competition.